Shame, shame, shame

So yeah I knew it would happen where my wonderful memory and life would get in the way of me doing this next post.  Glenn's embrace was put on hold for a about a week due to a TON of work stress but I did manage to do some testing on a pattern for a an English version of a bunny.  She's actually pretty cute and I'll post a picture of her once I get a chance since my daughter seems to have claimed her for the night. I didn't forget about the personalized baby blanket either, I just have some untangling to do since my kids thought the balls of yarn were good for tossing around while I was in the shower.  They did try though to get it back together I guess.  Well anyway since I'm always working on stuff for other people or eventually my shop, which I guess technically is still for other people I did realize I need to do something for me.  I decided I wanted to do a mood blanket.  I came up with a handy dandy list for my moods and the colors I plan on using.  Since it's just for me I plan on using Red Heart Yarns  mainly because they're easily accessible to me from the local stores here.  So here it goes:


  1. Happy - Amethyst (purple)
  2. Stressed - Black
  3. Angry - Red 
  4. Depressed - Gray
  5. Content/Peaceful - Light Blue
  6. Bored (or just having a space cadet kind of day) - Aran
  7. Blessed - white
  8. Mixed Emotions (mainly happy) - Purple Variegated (purple tones)
  9. Mixed Emotions (mainly angry/bothered) - Red Variegated
  10. Loved - Pink
  11. Hungover (cause well, let's be honest) - Green
  12. Confident/flirty/I'm feelin myself - Pink Panther (pink and black mix)
  13. 0-100 (days I'm having some serious mood swings) - Blacklight
  14. Creative - Lavender
I believe that should pretty much cover my range of emotions.  I'm sure if others pop up I'll add to the list.  It should be interesting to see how this pans out.  I plan on starting out on the first so yeah I'm pretty sure the center of the square I decide to choose will start off with green, lol.  I'll probably be using a range of square motifs for this....or maybe if I find one I really like I'll stick with the one. I don't know....  I still have 12 days to figure out the layout and the square but either way that will get done. I found a few pretty cool ideas on Pinterest for that.  But yeah I've been on a rollercoaster these past few years and wish I would have started one of these things sooner.  I think just having a visual representation of my good and bad days will be pretty eye opening.  I always thought I was generally a happy person until one day I realized I wasn't.  A lot of stuff popped up from my past that I thought I was over and then I wasn't then new stuff popped up to pile on top of the large pile of crap I already had.  I'll be keeping a personal journal along with this for my own reference on top of taking at least weekly pictures of my progress to post on here along with my other projects that are in the works.  I gotta be held accountable somehow.  At least my imaginary audience can do that for me, lol.  Until the first though I plan to crank out Glenn's Embrace so it can be blocked and I can take a nice pretty picture of the final project.  11 days...can I do it....sure I can.  Few cans of Pepsi Max and a Netflix marathon and I'm on it!!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year New me (yeah I know I'm early)

Walker Shawl